Sunday, September 24, 2006

Through faith

You're in line at the grocery store. You get into a conversation with someone next to you and find out about a sickness or infirmity they happen to be suffering from. "May I pray for you?" "Yes." You pray for them. You pay for your groceries. You leave. Next week, at the grocery store again, there they are! "How are you?" "I'm still sick. If it's God's Will, He'll heal me...."

There are so many people who have this mindset. So many people, Christian people, who walk around sick, thinking, "If it's God's Will, I'll be healed, but if not..."

It is God's Will! How do I know what God wants? Because His Word declares it! Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? (If the answer is no, see my other post, "Are you good enough?") Did Jesus save us partway? NO! The Bible says He died once for ALL! Is it God's Will for some to be saved, but not others? NO! The Bible says that God so loved the world. God so loved the world! That means everyone on the earth! It is not God's Will that any should perish.

Just as it is God's will for all to be saved, it is God's will for all to be healed! 2 Peter 2:24 says that by His stripes we were healed! Notice the word "were". That's past tense! How can that be, you ask? well, because when Jesus Christ bore our sins, He also bore our sicknesses! The Bible says you were already healed!

This is difficult for many people to understand, because they don't understand the operation or power of faith, so let's get on the same wavelength here.

Romans 10:17 says, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." When you first heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached, and received the Word which you heard, faith was imparted to you to be saved. That faith is not your own faith, it is God's faith. Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast."

So you know that you were saved through faith. You know that the Bible says that you were already healed. So why are there so many Christians who are sick? Because they don't have a revelation of the authority of the believer in Christ. In Luke 10:19, Jesus said, "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

Over all the power of the enemy! The devil is the author of sickness, not God. Jesus said you have power over the devil. If you have power over the devil, you have power over the tools of the devil, and one of those tools is sickness!

In Mark 5:34, Jesus was speaking to the woman with the issue of blood, who had just touched His robes and was healed. "And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague."

"Thy faith hath made thee whole;" Jesus said her faith was what healed her! Not her faith, but God's faith imparted to her when she believed! She knew that Jesus is who the Bible says He is, and put her faith into operation.

2 Corinthians 5:7 says, "For we walk by faith, not by sight"

Romans 1:17 says, "The just shall live by faith"

God created the heavens and the earth through faith. Hebrews 11:3 says, "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

God spoke in faith, believing on the Word which He spoke, and through that faith created all things! THE SAME FAITH WAS GIVEN TO YOU! You have the same faith inside of you that God spoke all of creation into existence with! You were given that faith when you were born again, and the same faith will heal you, if you only believe! Jesus said, "Only believe". Believe the Word of God.

Until next time, Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

8 Comments:

Blogger Joel Wilbourn said...

Amen!! Thats awesome! Always remember that His Will is His Word.

8:27 PM  
Blogger You're a Princess said...

"Set your mind on things above . . ." I wrote a little ditty to that once to remind myself, but I think I'll keep it to myself as the tune is kind of hokey. (= Your closing just reminded me . . . Anyways, great post!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Tim Heider said...

Yeah!! I hope everybody who is sick can read this!

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well little bro, as one who is sick, not with something major but a little cold, I do believe God wants all to be healed, BUT, I also believe that he gives us knowledge to take care of our bodies as to prevent getting sick. I don't believe just because I am sick that my faith is not great ,but, I do believe that maybe, just maybe I don't think it's a big enough deal to fuss to God about. I can confess that I have not received an instant healing before. But I have been healed and completely restored from migraines that did control my life. God didn't instantly heal me, but He did heal me.It was a process. I had asked God to heal me and to show me what I need to do and He did. It required a change in my diet and other natural remedies. I confess daily that I am delivered and set free from this curse and thank Him for all He has done. God heals! Just ask, and believe!!

6:45 PM  
Blogger You're a Princess said...

We're stewards of our bodies. Thank God, the moment we pray, He hears and answers!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

I agree that people need faith in a corrupt world. God is infinite and of course he can heal people. I disagree with those who view healing or wealth as a sign of spirituality. Remember Jesus suffered and many of the prophets were rejected among their own people. The Bible does say that the righteous will experience persecution.

6:39 AM  
Blogger You're a Princess said...

Jesus redeemed us from poverty, sickness, and destruction when He died on the cross. Those were a result of the fall when the devil was given authority in the earth. However, He didn't promise deliverance from persecution as it is a result of being "in the world, but not of it." He did say that "we are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because greater is He who is in you than he that is in the world." That excites me! How much victory we walk in while on this earth does not depend on what God is willing to do for us (He's done it all already), but on our willingness to believe His Word entirely and conform our lives to it. I don't want to miss out on anything He has purchased with His life for me!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Blessed Girl said...

Hey Kris,

Where have I been? I have been right here in the best spot in the world, safe in the arms of Jesus! LOL! Praise God for you Kris! I check your blogspot everyday and you continue to amaze me. I love your graphic updates, songs...your a good singer...and number counter. Keep up the FANTASTIC WORK young Christian brother.

I have not updated my blogspot on purpose...I like the You Tube video of the rapture and want many people to view it. It's funny Kris, my husband commented yesterday that I needed to update my post. In the near future, for you and for him (Jessie) I will update my site. But for now Kris please continue to enjoy my post.

Thanks for keeping in contact with me Kris. I will continue to do the same with you.

Praying for you,
Tawanda from Georgia

P.S. I also look at your sister and brother's blogspots too. Awesome job guys!!!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home